Monday, February 20, 2012

"I Go Potty"

This weekend Mike and I decided to tackle potty training with Connor.  He has been asking to sit on the potty for a little while now...so we thought we would give it a shot and just see what happens.  We took Connor to the Magic House Saturday morning because we knew we would be stuck in the house the rest of the weekend.  Much to our surprise, Connor has done really well (knock on wood).   He had a few accidents on Saturday afternoon and never made it once to the bathroom.  Sunday morning he went for the first time as soon as he woke up and did pretty well the rest of the day...besides going #2 in his pants.  It is too cute when he looks us in the eyes and says with his sweet little voice, "I go potty!" Today he did AWESOME.  We had no accidents and he even went #2 twice in the toilet.  He was all about his little toilet seat on Sunday, but today he insisted on sitting on the big toilet (I wasn't going to argue, that means I didn't have to clean the little one!)  He was always rewarded with a couple M&M's-- he is like his Mama-- we'll do anything for a little chocolate.

I know this is a lot of and maybe a little too much information, but I am using this blog as scrapbook-- so I want to remember this all someday. :-)

Mike and I are so proud of Connor and hope this new milestone continues to go well-- tomorrow is his first day at the sitters wearing big boy pants, so we will see how it goes.  Below are a few pictures of our potty going little boy!
Our best friend Saturday and Sunday


Showing off his big boy pants


If he continues to keep up his good work, this could mean 2 whole months of no diaper buying...WooHoo!!

2 comments:

Katie Rae said...

HAHAHA!!! I love this post! I hope Connor continues to do well :)

Evan and Maria said...

Don't you just love how talking about potty and poop becomes exciting as parents...HA! :) Way to go, Connor!! :)