Mike and I have finally finished putting Connor's new room together so we decided to make the transition and move him from nursery to big boy room. I was a little nervous because Connor is well aware that he can get in and out of the big bed by himself. Last night was the night we chose to make the big switch-- we have been talking about it for days and tried to make a big deal of it yesterday morning, but Connor kept saying, "No go there!" Needless to say we had prepared ourselves for a LONG night. Bedtime came and I told Connor it was time to go night-night in his big boy bed. He grabbed his dog, cat, and blanket (our bedtime essentials) and headed straight for his new room. We read a book and he climbed right into his new bed. I told him he had to lay down and couldn't get up or jump. He wanted me to sit in his little chair in his room. I sat there for a couple of minutes and then told him it was night-night time and Mommy would come back to check on him in a little bit. I held my breath as I walked out of the room and much to my surprise Connor was silent and I never heard him move. I went back up a little while later and he was sound a sleep and slept until this morning. The transition was a success (at least for now)
I can't believe he is such a big boy. I may
or may not have cried a few tears last night. This a milestone for him and yet I am a little sad that my little guy is growing up so fast. Mike quickly reminded me that I will have a new baby boy to put in the crib in a few months and while I couldn't be more ecstatic about that, it is still hard for me to believe that my first baby is no longer a baby at all. He has grown into a little boy.
Good job on a sleeping in your big boy bed Connor-- Mommy and Daddy are so proud of you!!!
Connor's New Room
 |
| Last Dreams in his crib (he looked so big in his crib) |
 |
| And so small in his new bed |
 |
| First dreams in his big boy bed! |
3 comments:
I knew Connor would do great! Such a big boy! His room looks great! :)
He could get lost in that big bed! He is so darn cute!
The room turned out so great and Connor is so stinkin cute.
Post a Comment