Saturday, July 7, 2012

Swim Lessons

Today Connor had his last swimming lesson of the summer.  We enrolled him in a 6 week session at Manchester Aquatic Center.  He has come a LONG way since class number 1.  The first week he cried the entire class.  Every week got a little better.  The first 4 weeks either Mike or I had to be in the water with him.  Last week when I took him they announced that the parents no longer needed to go into the pool (of course the 2 weeks it reached over 100 degrees, I couldn't go in).  Connor was a little hesitant last week, but warmed up and did pretty well.  Today he did awesome!  He walked right up to his teachers, sat and waited his turn, listened and followed instructions, and did it with a smile on his face.  He kept looking back at me and would yell "Look Mommy I did it." I was so proud of him.  At the end of class Connor received a report card and he successfully completed Preschool Level 1 swim class.  Way to go Connor--you did it!!


His favorite part was jumping in the water.


2 comments:

Evan and Maria said...

Great job, Connor! :)

Katie Rae said...

I'm so happy for Connor! What a great accomplishment!