Can someone please tell me how it is possible that my 12 weeks of maternity leave are up??? Tomorrow is my first day back to work. I feel like we had Anderson more than 12 weeks ago, however I feel like I have only been off for a couple weeks. Part of me is anxious to get back, see my coworkers, and get back into a routine. A BIGGER part of me wants to lock my doors and hide inside with my little boys in hopes that they don't notice my time is up. Butterflies have filled my stomach all week, but I just kept pushing the reminder out of my head. Here I sit on Sunday afternoon with tears running down my face knowing that I cannot hide from the reality any longer. It puts me at ease knowing that Connor and Anderson will be together at our sitters house. It also comforts me knowing that they are in such great hands. I know in a couple weeks we will be back into the swing of things and maternity leave will seem like a distant memory. I am so grateful to have done so many fun things with my little guys these past 12 weeks and to have spent so much time with them. Tomorrow I will physically be sitting back at my desk, in front of my computer, going through thousands of e-mails and catching up...mentally my mind will be with these sweet faces...
1 comment:
Thinking of you today, Marcia! Hope all went well! Love you! :)
Post a Comment