Last Friday I ventured out to the park with the two boys to enjoy some of this amazing weather. We weren't there but twenty minutes and Connor decided to make the climb up the rope spider web (which he has done many, many times). He kept looking at these two boys that were standing at the top and I kept telling him to pay attention to his climb,but before I could do anything, he fell straight through the web and onto the ground. He started to cry and I figured he was just scared so we headed home. That day he wouldn't put any weight on his left foot and insisted on being carried everywhere. I called our pediatrician and they said to watch it that night and call the next day if he still wouldn't walk on it. So Saturday we headed to his office since Connor still wouldn't walk or put any weight on his left foot. Our pediatrician sent us to Mercy for some x-rays. There we found out that he fractured his tibia and fibula. :-( I cried so hard and feel so bad...if only I was one step closer and could have caught him. We were sent to the ER to get his foot splinted for the weekend. Today we went to the orthopedic and he put his leg in a hard cast for the next 3 weeks.
Connor has been such a sport throughout all the doctor visits. He is getting frustrated with his foot bandaged up and keeps asking us to take his sock off. :-( Breaks my heart! It is going to be a long 3 weeks, bu we are thankful that he will have his cast off by the time summer kicks off. I feel so bad for him and keep replaying how I could have prevented the accident. My Mom told me, "You have 2 boys, chances are this will not be the last time you will be in the ER for a broken bone." She also said, "You will not be able to catch them every time they fall" While I know she is right, I just hope I can be there for all the big falls life may bring.
 |
| Connor first picked out the soccer ball pattern for his cast. Then he decided he wanted blue. He then asked for the pink cast, but Daddy said NO. |
 |
| Here is a picture of a picture of his x-ray |
No comments:
Post a Comment