Back on September 13th, I said goodbye to my twenties and cautiously welcomed my thirties. Is it bad that some days I feel (not act) like I am still 18 and wonder how I am married and have 2 kids?!?! I am not one to frown on birthdays, I welcome them and enjoy the changes each year brings. Actually, I am so happy with where I am in life and so thankful for my many blessings!
For the big 3-0… Mike and I enjoys a night out the the 12th-- the last night of my twenties! We went to the Cardinals game, walked around the new Ballpark Village and enjoyed a drink and the view of the stadium at the new restaurant 360. Bye-Bye twenties!
Picture courtesy of Connor. :-)
On my actual birthday we started with an 8am soccer game, followed by some trail walking at Powder Valley. Then we went to grab sandwiches from Mom's Deli (YUM!) and had a picnic at the park.
Now let's back up 2 days before my birthday…I resigned from my job. WooHoo! This is something I have wanted to do since Connor was born, but it just never seemed like the right time. Let's be honest, is there ever a right time? I haven't been loving my job and the older the boys get, the harder it is to balance work and life. Connor is going to start kindergarten next year so this was my last chance to really have time with him before he is gone everyday at school. Change can be scary and this was not any different, but we are SO happy with our decision. My last day was last Wednesday, 9/24. It was hard to walk out and say goodbye to the people I have seen 9 hours a day, everyday, for the past 6 years…but so far I haven't looked back. I am loving my time with Connor and Anderson and enjoying every minute with them. I don't think I will ever regret this decision and am fully embracing this chapter of my life- while ignoring Mike as he keeps reminding me, "This is NOT retirement!" (We'll see about that…shhh!)
So, with that being said, hopefully I will be able to blog more and, who knows, I may do something completely crazy and join Facebook!
No comments:
Post a Comment