Friday, February 15, 2013

Dentist

Last month when I took Connor for his three year check up our pediatrician said it was time to take him to the dentist.  Personally I have never liked the dentist (still don't)...and yes, I do know people that love going to the dentist.  So right away I was nervous about taking Connor.  I worried he was not going to be a fan just like his Mom, but boy was I wrong (and so happy to admit it)!

I took him today for his first ever visit (yes... I was that Mom and took pictures ;-)  I have been telling him about the dentist and the cool chairs and how Dr. Evan was going to count his teeth for over a week now.  When he woke up this morning he was SOOO excited!  I had butterflies walking into the office, but he was a champ the whole time-- let me tell you why.  When we walked in they had a big aquarium full of fish...the boy LOVES fish!  They also had 3 TV's with Xbox... he has no clue how to play, but that didn't stop him. And they had Lion King playing on the big TV.

When we got called back we met his hygienist, Ms. Lauren, and she was so sweet and nice to him.  He walked right back and laid down in the chair.  Let me mention now that above each chair, coming out of the ceiling were TVs playing movies.  He picked grape for his cleaning flavor and opened wide.  He did awesome during the x-rays and even got to wear a cool pair of shades while they turned the bright light on.  But his favorite by far was brushing the dinosaurs teeth.
 His teeth looked good and no cavities...yeah!!  When he was all done he got a popsicle (sugar free), balloon, toothbrush, stickers, and a token to get a prize.  Wouldn't you be all smiles too?  I am so glad this was such a great experience for him and was so proud of our little man!  But seriously...where was this office when I was growing up?!?!

1 comment:

Evan and Maria said...

Such a big boy, Connor! Way to go buddy! :)