Sunday, October 16, 2011

Roller Coaster

Since January 1st, this year has been a roller coaster ride, both physically and emotionally, for our family. Unlike most roller coaster rides where you start chugging up a big hill, we started our ride going straight down hill at full speed. Don't get me wrong, some parts of this year have been good, even great. And when we are going up hill, we have learned to be thankful, smile and enjoy the ride.

Unfortunately, there have been a few times when things started to look up and you think all the bad is over, and just then we get the news or the phone call that makes our stomach jump into our throats-- the same exact feeling you get when you start to head down hill on a roller coaster. All you can do is look to the family and friends next you and hold on tight and pray the ride will be over soon.

The train is heading back up hill for our family. We continue to be strong, faithful, and most importantly there for each other. What have I learned so far this year? That God makes the plans, not us. That we must trust that he knows best. That my family is stronger then I ever knew. And that things always get better...when you have reached the bottom, there is always hope and always an up.

My sister Marissa and brother-in-law Pat will welcome their baby boy into the world in less than 2 months. Trust and hope! My brother Bill and sister-in-law Michelle will welcome 2 baby boys in mid January. God's plans! My Dad is half way through his chemo therapy treatments. On the same day in December that Landon is born, my Dad will start his last treatment. While we are not certain of how the therapy is working yet, we pray that this is the answer and will remove all the lymphoma from his body. Faith!

Lastly, but not least by any means, Mike, Connor and I have some news of our own...

We're not sure yet... pink or blue?
But we're thrilled to announce, we are expecting baby number 2!!!

That's right...I'm Pregnant!! I am 12 weeks along, almost 13 and am starting to feel much better than I was. The above ultrasound was taken at 9 weeks. Baby Neiman will arrive around April 25th and we couldn't be more excited. While Connor has been told that Mommy is having a baby and will point to my belly and say "baby"...he has NO clue how is world will change in 6 months. We have lots of time to prepare and get ready for our new little peanut, even though I can't wait to meet him/her. Patience!

Life may be a roller coaster ride at times. Hold on tight and have faith!

BTW-- I am aware that the carousel is not a roller coaster, but I couldn't resist the pictures! :-)

4 comments:

Aunt Marissa and Uncle Pat said...

Pink or blue I will be thrilled. My gut is screaming PINK though! I pray 2012 has only great things for our family!

Anonymous said...

I'm also seeing pink coming to the Neiman household!! But, I thought I had one of each for the twins and was wrong for the first time with any of my kids... so I don't trust my instincts as much anymore!

Regardless, I am SOOO excited that we will have FOUR babies so close in age to grow up together. Watching Izzy, Kate and Connor play together at the farm yesterday was so wonderful.

I am so blessed to have you all as family, and especially to provide my kids with such a close, warm, loving family.

2012 is going to be a good year!!!!! Michelle

Evan and Maria said...

We are just thrilled for you and Mike and Connor! I agree....we are going to end this year GREAT and 2012 is going to be a SUPER year!!! :) We have been through some very tough times this year but God has and continues to be with us every step of the way...how blessed we are! And, for the record, I think PINK too! :)

Marissa and Johnny said...

We couldn't be happier for you guys! My gut says pink too! :)