Sunday, August 7, 2016

Wine Country

Mike and I traveled our last adventure for the summer-- what a fun summer!  We have seen so many new places and sights and I am very grateful!  Our last trip was to San Francisco, Napa, and Sonoma.  This was my first time ever to California! Like all the other states we have traveled to- this one did not disappoint!

On day one we went toured San Francisco.  We drove over the Golden Gate bridge, drove around downtown, I took a beautiful run on the bay, we hiked through Muir Woods Park and saw the red woods and then we ended the evening with a beautiful scenic ride along Hwy 1.  Such a fun day and beautiful scenery!















Day 2 was Napa day!  We went winery hopping all day.  Each one was just as beautiful as the next and the wine was equally delicious!  It all beat the $5 bottles I normally buy here in STL.  ;)  We had a great time just hanging out with each other and getting to talk to different people along the way.  I would love to go back.  We went to 4 different wineries which didn't even put a dent in 800+ there are!
The weather was gorgeous and the scenery was like nothing I've seen before-- SO pretty and a very fun day!

Day 3 was our chill day!  We went to one winery in Sonoma and then drove around and enjoyed more views.  We relaxed at the pool in the afternoon and enjoyed a yummy dinner.  Such a fun long weekend with Mike to end our summer!  

A big thank you to my Mom and sisters for helping out with the boys so we could escape for a few days!


















 

No comments: