Monday, June 1, 2015

Bye Bye Glenbarr

One week ago today we walked out of our first house for the last time.  We have been talking about moving for over a year now and decided to put our house up in early April.  Much to our surprise we sold in 2 days!  We were shocked, excited, overwhelmed and so much more.  As soon as everything was finalized I started packing up (I am not a procrastinator at all).  The closer our closing date came, the more real the whole thing became.  I knew leaving was going to be hard, but I was not expecting it to be as hard as it really was.





Connor finished school on Wednesday and had graduation on Thursday, so I was an emotional mess as it was.  Then Friday we packed up our home and the past 7 years and put it all into storage units until we get into our new home (a story for a later time).  My sisters were a huge help to take the boys for the day.  My brother Ed also stepped in to help Mike and I load up the storage units.  On Saturday we took a break and went to my brother and sister in laws lake house.  Sunday we cleaned all day and spent our last night in the house.  Monday we finished loading up our beds, said our goodbyes, and drove away for the last time as owners of the house.  We closed Tuesday.



I loved our first house.  We had changed everything in the home and made it our own- from every piece of floor to every light fixture.  We put a lot of love into that house.  We made so many memories, good and bad.  Those walls have seen us grow as a family and have been our safe place.

This door is the door we walked into on the night of our wedding.  The door that we brought both our babies into when we came home from the hospital.  The door we welcomed our friends and families countless times.  This door was closed for the last time on May 25th by the Neiman family.  Thank you Glenbarr for all the memories.  We will miss you!


It was so weird and hard to see the house empty...










Our last family photo in front of our first home.  


 Mwah! goodbye. :_(





No comments: