Sunday, December 29, 2013

Christmas 2013

Christmas has come and gone so fast.  This past week has felt like a complete whirlwind!  We have had so much fun, ate way too much, visited with family, and have stayed up late past our bed times every night….but we sure had fun!  I am kicking myself for not taking very many pictures.  I normally take too many pictures, but this year I got caught up in visiting and forgot my camera on Christmas Eve so you will just have to take my word for it.

On Christmas Eve we headed to Scott's house for dinner and Christmas fun.  After that we headed to my Uncle Ed's house for more food, mass, and fun.

Brothers don't shake hands, brothers gotta hug!!
On Christmas Day we woke up and were so excited that Santa came!  Mike and I get so much joy out of watching the boys excitement.  It was really fun because this year they were both able to open their presents and would get so giddy even over underwear and socks.  My favorite part of the morning is when I said to Connor, "Today is Christmas!" and he got a big grin on his face and said with such joy, "That means today is Jesus' birthday!"  I hope he always remembers the true meaning of this special day!


After all the presents were open we had a visit from Grandma and Drew and then Great Scott.  That afternoon we headed to my parents house for more Christmas activities.  My brother Ed came in town again for Christmas and it always makes it extra special to have the whole gang together.


Bahahaha!!  Need I say more?
On Thursday we had one last celebration at Jan and Drew's house.  The boys love going to their house and playing with their dogs.  There we found out that Mike's brother Kevin proposed Christmas Day to his girlfriend Christine!  We are so excited and couldn't be happier for them!

I know, I know you are probably exhausted just reading this post-- imagine living it!!  I feel I need another week off of work.  But when it is all said and done we wouldn't have it any other way.

We hope you and your family had a very Merry Christmas!

As I type this post, Christmas has already been taken down and put away at our house (Bah humbug, right?) but the joy remains in our hearts, the food and drinks on our hips, and the toys all over our family room floor!

No comments: