On Friday I celebrated my 29th birthday-- last year of my twenties (sigh!) The boys gave me donuts and presents that morning before work. That night we just relaxed at home, but we did some celebrating Saturday night with margaritas and mexican food at El Magueys-- Yummy! Happy Birthday to me!!
On Saturday morning Mike, our brother-in-law Evan, and I participated in Tough Mudder. This is a 12 mile run with 18 obstacles along the way. Oh yeah-- and it was MUDDY. What kind of obstacles, you ask? Just little things, like crawling in mud under barb wire and live wires, jumping in a dumpster full of ice water, jumping off a 15 foot ledge, jumping over fire, and running through live wires-- think we're crazy? I can't blame you, however we would do it all over again. Mike and Evan signed up first months and months ago. The more I thought about it, the more I knew I would be jealous the day of if I was on the side lines. So I kicked it into full gear and signed myself up-- SOOO happy. I am so proud of all 3 of us. We were a great team-- after all this is not a race, not even timed. It is all about team work and camaraderie. The atmosphere was indescribable and the experience unforgettable. I was nervous for about an entire week before the event, but am so glad we did it. It was worth every bump, bruise, cut and sore muscle (yes, Sunday was rough) But in the end we can say... We-did-it! That is one well earned beer and orange headband!! And a special thanks to Maria and Cole for coming to cheer us on and taking pictures!!






1 comment:
These pictures are amazing! You guys look like bad asses! So proud to be your sister!
Post a Comment